Unavoidable School Closure
Every effort will be made to keep school open at all times, but the safety of our students and staff is the School’s priority. If an event arises during the day that results in the decision being made to close the school, the following procedure will apply.
- The local situation will be monitored by the school. Advice from the police and school bus and train companies will be sought. The school will respond to their advice.
- Students will be informed of the need to close the school. Members of senior staff will brief each year group in Years 7 to 11 on the arrangements for the closure and help them make arrangements to get home. Sixth Form will be dismissed from their classes.
- Students will be allowed to leave school once they have talked to a parent about arrangements for going home.
- After school events: clubs, detention, Parents’ Evenings will be postponed.
- Where adverse weather is forecast, students should be suitably clothed, with appropriate footwear.
Please have an action plan organised in advance if the school were to close part way through the day, in terms of where your daughter/son should go.
In the event of School Closure and on subsequent days
A decision will be made between as early as possible either the evening before or first thing in the morning (before 7.30am) as to whether the school should remain open or be closed. In the event of closure messages will be:
- Published on the front page of our website in the alerts section
- Broadcast on Radio Merseyside (95.8FM) and on Radio City (96.7FM)
If the school is closed, parents/students should check the website each evening and morning for updates ready for the following day. If the school is closed for more than two days, work will be set on IPupil.
Finally, please ensure we have at least two emergency contact telephone numbers for each parent.